It's a bad design choice using a single table with lots of fields plus an
attachment (if the attachment is large).
I always store attachments in a separate table.

That being said, I don't think that keepvalues will do the trick, cause
basically keepvalues sends back to the client the contents and prefills the
field ... throwing the file back to the client doesn't **sound smart**.
However, it's a chicken-and-egg problem.... let's say you want to upload a
picture, you require the picture to have a tag, but the user forgets
it..... in this case, retaining in some way the file can be done...
But let's say you want the file to end with .txt only ..... the .exe file
should be discarded at all.
It's up to you to provide logic consistent with the workflow you want for
your users .....
/me would provide an async upload, store the id on the session and let the
user play with the remaining fields in a form.
Everyday I'd prune all the attachments received with no "remaining fields"
attached.