Eh, I don't see much of a need for a client side framework. Just client
side templates. jQote2 <http://aefxx.com/jquery-plugins/jqote2/>works great
for that. Submitting data via ajax is as simple as calling ajax('url',[data
to be saved], ':eval'). Templates are the slowest part of a webserver
(usually), and since pages can take a long time to load from template
compilation, it makes sense to offload that to the client. As far as
database access is concerned, you're going to be waiting on the server no
matter what database you have, so no need to abstract that out, just make
it async, which is what ajax is good at. Every client side MVC framework
seem to be overkill anyway.