Thank you Derek for the suggestion.

I was planning in the similar way but wanted to hear the same from experts.
:)
The application will have only one view finally. That one view will be a
extjs application. You are right we cant get web2py form helpers but can
you authentication, session management, jsonifying etc. We already have
placed extjs library and our custom developed .js in static folders, now
planning to integrate all extjs into a single app.

Regards