cache.client (when no cache_model is passed) just sets headers (that's the
idea at the bottom).
When you pass a cache_model, it sets headers AND cache the results (and
that's the "idea at the top").

cache.client was created in the first place to avoid having to set headers
repeatedly.

There's no "improvement" to look for caching the results of a download() ^_^