Hi web2py users!

My environment: GAE SDK 1.7.5, web2py version 2.0.9.

I need a query object as an argument for grid.
I've got a database rows (ids) as the potential base for query
(list_of_ids) - unfortunately there are more than 30 of them so the
construct with 'belongs' does not work on GAE:

query = db.field.id.belongs(list_of_ids)   # does not work on GAE

There is a great solution to overcome the limit of 'belongs' on GAE:
https://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/detail?id=160
but it let me identify just rows, when the query object for grid is needed
in my case.

Can you advise?
Marcin Jaworski