Looks like by default, auth.signature gets defined when Auth is
initialized, which is before you have set the custom table names. To avoid
this do:

auth = Auth(db, signature=False)

In that case, auth.signature will instead be defined when you call
auth.define_tables(), by which point the custom tables names will already
be set.

Anthony