Thanks Anthony,
When I submit with blank data, no error msg displayed.
I expected error msg displayed because I set this field mandatory as below

db.define_table('person', Field('personname', 'string', requires =
IS_NOT_EMPTY()))

I found that :   if form.process().accepted:   always return false, so
redirect command never reached.
The

elseif :
     response.flash = "input info"

always run, so page and flash "input info" are displayed again

Regards,
Tuan.