> While debugging why the <audio> tag behaves differently (at least in Mac
> Chrome) depending on specifying (1) a static link to a soundfile or (2)
> using the auth.wiki syntax ////2/sound.mp3  I notice quite a few
> differences in the headers.

I have a similar problem with web2py trunk Version
2.4.6-stable+timestamp.2013.04.07.19.55.04 and Firefox 19.0.2 (on Ubuntu)

I used the wiki interface for adding a link to an uploaded media (mp3 file)
into a markmin wiki document. The media object is appended to the html
response with <audio ...>... etc, but it is not shown in the browser. Using
the audio source URL as address, the file is served as downloadable file
(the browser shows a file download dialog).