I've tried to replicate both errors in a simple example;

   1. I've downloaded a fresh version of web2py (4.2.6 -stable).
   2. New simple application.
   3. Added 2 plugins from here <http://dev.s-cubism.com/web2py_plugins>:
   MPTT and Tree Crud
   4. Added a simple controller to test these plugin (the one you find in
   the Tree Crud page)
   5. Got this
ticket<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Fm_H3mFaqDbDB6UUdrZzJxaGc/edit?usp=sharing>
 with
   the "error-No Modules Global" -> fails to import gluon.globals
   6. Commented the plugin file with the error, like
this<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Fm_H3mFaqDTl83emVtNHRLazQ/edit?usp=sharing>
   .
   7. Still got the same ticket.
   8. Restarted web2py -> got the "right" error.

I'm using  web2py.app on OS. X. I've tried steps 1-5 on a virtual machine
running ubuntu and in this environment the first error is gone.
I've noticed that the main difference in the error ticket (the second error
6-8) is that I'm running a different version of python (2.5.1 built-in on
OS X, 2.7.2 on ubuntu), can this be the problem? I've to switch from Os. X
to another unix environment, or to start using the binaries version to fix
this issue?
Also I've noticed that every time I save a file into a plugin I got a
pop-up alert "failed to reload module because: Invalid token (<string> line
1)". This means that I've to restart web2py every time i modify a single
line in a plugin?