I want to create a simple login, based on username and password(my first
experience with web2py).

I found this example:

from gluon.tools import Auth
auth = Auth(db)
auth.define_tables(username=True, signature=False, migrate=True)
auth_table=auth.settings.table_user
auth_table.username.requires = IS_NOT_IN_DB(db, auth_table.username)

added at the end of db.py

After that the application does not work anymore...

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> 'Table' object has no attribute
'username'

AttributeError: 'Table' object has no attribute 'username'

When i run the "New Application Wizard" on Step 3: Fields for table
"auth_user" i see the field "username" in the field list,
although this field is missing in the "auth_user" table.

Then i tried, on Step 3: Fields for table "auth_user", to remove all fields
except "username" and "password"(the db was erased) but still same resoult.

I'm really confused...
Why the fields are being ignored??

Thank you all!