> How do I know if it's useful for other people, other than asking here?.
> ... Is that more useful than a RTable plugin?

The RTable plugin is just a suggestion, it doesn't means you ought to have
one. I tend to make plugins since when you need a new app, you can
integrate different features without having to port and adapt chunks of
code from one app to another.

 - plugin_wiki has a super-simple html5 video widget.

If you are coding features that use plugin_wiki, note that It will be
replaced with the built-in wiki feature (not abandoned if someone keeps it
updated).