Hey guys,

We have multiple users and a couple of locales in which to enter data. I
wonder what's a good strategy to setup access control in a way that gives
each user control over a specific subset of locales (usually one user
handles one language, but there are exceptions).

What I initially came up with:

Add groups for each language, like 'admin_en_EN', 'admin_nl_NL', but we
also need groups like 'operator_en_EN' and 'operator_nl_NL' for users with
slightly more restricted access. (Potentially more restriction levels too)

But it's clunky because now I need decorators that contain a long list of
groups (NL, EN, AU, etc.).

The alternative I can think of is defining my own tables that link users to
languages and stuff and handle authorization manually in each controller,
but then I loose a lot of built-in functionality.

Am I making things complicated? Anyone got any pointers? I cannot really
change the requirements, there are users that can have access to one or
more locales in at least two different levels (admin can CRUD, operators
can just read and update for example)