OK, now I've run into some special weirdness- I don't know if it's related,
but it makes no sense to me:

When I run a count of session records grouped by client IP, I get some very
big numbers at the top end:

SELECT<https://my.sidekickhq.com/phpMyAdmin/url.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdev.mysql.com%2Fdoc%2Frefman%2F5.1%2Fen%2Fselect.html&token=b7e16822d6a72a4a32629ba16b760d59>
 client_ip,
COUNT<https://my.sidekickhq.com/phpMyAdmin/url.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdev.mysql.com%2Fdoc%2Frefman%2F5.1%2Fen%2Fgroup-by-functions.html%23function_count&token=b7e16822d6a72a4a32629ba16b760d59>
( * ) AS count
FROM `web2py_session_sidekick`
GROUP BY client_ip
ORDER BY count DESC
LIMIT 0 , 30

Some client ips have 100+ session records associated with them!? For
example, my own IP has 186 session records- including 13 where the
modified_datetime field equals TODAY... This makes no sense.  I did not log
into my app from 13 different devices today. Why would a single user
connecting from a single device have so many session records??