So you are basicly saying I did exactly what I wanted to do save the entire
generated page on disk.
So how can I find out what is taking so long for the page to load?

@Derek: thats easy: I want the page cached from 00:05 to 23:59. because
every day at midnight the data changes. if for some reason the page is
cached later than 00:05 (I got a cronjob with a curl to visit that page)
the new version will be calculated regardless of whether there is still a
cached version or not. (because the date changes)