Hello,

I have deployed my web2py application on Google app engine. I'm trying to
use Gatling (http://gatling-tool.org/) for load testing my web application.
Just accessing my home page (which is a static page with a few images and
links) exhausts my free quota of DB write operations per day.

On further debugging I realized that each request was creating a new
session record in the table web2py_session_<appname> table.

Investigating the HTTP request and response traces from my Gatling client,
I see that the client is setting the Cookie parameter
(session_id_<appname>) correctly in the request - same as the one sent by
my web2py app in the Set-Cookie parameter of the last response. The
SetCookie value sent back by server is enclosed in double quote ("). The
Cookie sent from client also contains double quote.

The code in "gluons/globals.py" tries to parse the cookie value using below
line of code:

(record_id, unique_key) = response.session_id.split(':')

The record_id now contains a double quote - so the record is not found in
db and a new session record is created each time.

*I privately modified the globals.py code to use underscore ('_') instead
of colon (':') as delimiter in the session cookie - the cookie no more
contains double quote and the problem is solved.*

Please note that this problem is faced only when I use gatling; using
normal browsers (chrome, FF, IE) does not result is new session record
created each time. I think the problem is due to the way gatling is
handling double quote in as part of cookie value. Also when I test with my
local web2py instance with gatling, the problem is not faced as session
cookies which are stored as files in file system does not contain ':' and
hence no double quoting.

I don't see yet a way to modify gatling.

*My question to web2py community:*
Do you see it as a fair request to change the delimiter used in DB session
cookies from ':' to something else (e.g. _) so that cookies are not double
quoted - this will accommodate also clients which know only to handle
'cookie version 0'.

If this is an acceptable change, where should raise my request / contribute
my changes?

Thanks and warm regards,
Aravindan.