Am returning to this question as I have a better description of what I'm
looking for.

The example is the owner's list of all shopping purchases in a store for
one day.

George - 10 coffee cups
               1 blender
               3 boxes of laundry soap

Henry  -    2 napkin holder

Customer names are in the parent file, and items purchased are in the child
file.

The store owner doesn't want to see "George, George, George", etc. listed
on his report. Just the one-time group header "George"

Is the only way to get a formatted report in the example above to hand code
it?

Anyone know of any examples?

thanks,

Alex Glaros