On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:57:34 PM UTC-7, Derek wrote:

> Have you not tried just importing sqla in your 0.py model, and writing
> your models and code as you see fit? You can certainly bypass the DAL if
> you want.

I know that, but well, you see, there lies the problem - I DON'T want... I
love the DAL too much - wouldn't change it for anything! :)
(not even SQLA-Core...;) )
I even considered using web2py's DAL outside of web2py as well - in all the
plug-ins I plan to write for desktop-applications. It's an amazing and
elegant piece of software!

Besides, it's not feasible for us anymore anyways, as I said, we already
have thousands of lines of code built using the DAL - switching it to
something else would be a nightmare, and way too costly. we have DAL-based
code more than any other python code - hell, we would be switching a
web-framework before we consider replacing the DAL... :)

All I want is a decent ORM on-top to structure all that wonderful DAL code
we have into... But it has to be statefull to be worth-it, so I couldn't
write my own, and SQLA-ORM is the best ORM in python I currently know of...
I am looking at Storm also, but it currently seems to be less-modular that
SQLA... That's from just a glance, though...