Hi,

>    - Because of my experience w/ Python3Patterns book,
Can you please tell me more here?
What implications does the book give?

>    - To find what docstring needs work, look at the docs for things like:
> System Message: ERROR/3 (web2py-sphinx/gluon/sql.py:docstring of gluon.sql,
> line 6)
> Unexpected indentation.
I know. These are also saved in the sphinx log file in the doc
directory.

> Running the sphinx build from the MAIN makefile - then all directories are
> as needed - seem to work.   I'll go through the rest of the makefile - but
> basically, the make command for htmldocs (which can go in the main Makefile)
> will look somthing like:
Yesterday, I run in the same problem, I guess.

Therefore I wrote in docs?contrib.rst:

#. built with custom make files for web2py => **Note: we could create
   cross-platform python script for this!**

    #. unix-like: ``sh doc/make-doc_html.sh``
    #. windows: ``doc\make-doc_html.bat``

    Due to the special manner of the *web2py* import mechanism it
requires that
    the doc is built from the *web2py* root directory.

> also probably want the html output do be more directly under docs... but
> these are details...
No, I defined a output path specified by Massimo.
He probably wants to put these in the same folder as the epydoc in the
examples app.

> I seem to get the warnings like you get from the wiki, so we must be  in
> sync at this point (though I wonder if the generated html is the same);
We could check whether this is systematic and edit the files by a
script.

> I have not yet tried generating pdf version - but it would also be nice to
> create a link to download the pdf (for web hosting).
I did it once for another project. Wasn't too difficult.
I give it lower priority.

> Thanks for all your significant efforts.  This is a great start!
Welcome. I am happy to bring in my experience this Sphinx.

Regards,
Timmie