Hi,
I've to make an adHoc user management formulary and I'm making a table with
a "role filter". I'm in GAE and the joins must to be done by hand.
This is my code:
auth_user_with_role = db(db.auth_membership.group_id==request.vars.role).
select(db.auth_membership.ALL)
auth_user_ids_role_selected=db(db.auth_user.id<1).select(db.auth_user.
first_name) #This is a Hack, prob I can make it better
for user_role in auth_user_with_role:
    user = db(db.auth_user.id==user_role.user_id).select(db.auth_user.
first_name)
    auth_user_ids_role_selected = auth_user_ids_role_selected & user

With this code I have a join between the group table and the user table.
The problem is that in user I have the user with all the columns and not
with only the "first_name" column. Is the  projection not working or am I
doing something wrong?
Thank you guy for your help