url needs to be a valid url.
Documentation is ok, but if you "hardcode" fixed values you need to be sure
that the routes are always exactly as in your development server.

If you're not messing with default applications and/or redirection, the
same code that ran on lighttpd needs to run on nginx.....

To be sure your app will work no matter what redirection you use, use
always urls generated with URL() ....

ajax('{{=URL('echo')}}', etc etc etc)