so no, the onvalidation is meant to "reject" the submission if something in
the form doesn't need to be stored in the database.
But, you want it stored no matter what, and then checked to see if it's
correct.
This can be done hooking up to the _after_insert event on the table where
you store answers

http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06?search=after_insert