Greetings All,

I'm new here. Congratulations on building a great framework and community!
I hope to learn and contribute along with you.

I don't have a specific technical problem. However, I will share a question
stemming from my current state of curiosity about web app architectures
that you might enjoy chiming in on:

*Where does web2py fall between the polar extremes of Single Page
Applications (SPA) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-page_application>and
Resource Oriented Client Architecture (ROCA) <http://roca-style.org/>, and
in which direction would you personally like to see it shift in the future
(for web3py and web3py backports to web2py)? *(It's possible that by
ignorance, I've selected a poor choice of opposites. In which case you
might suggest your own pair.)

*Personal Context* (in case your curious):

*Motivation: *To create food planning/shopping related web app to disrupt
the way things are currently done ; Fall-back plan to become expert in all
things web app related (development and design). I'm in it for the long
haul!

*Stack History:* I started studying web dev a year ago and studied an
immature SPA framework for several months, after learning the basics of
JavaScript, HTML and CSS. Through my naivety I only recently discovered the
problems involved with SPA regarding SEO crawlability etc. Instead of
"JavaScript Everywhere!" as advertised, PHP was recommended to handle the
server-side stuff. I choose not to learn PHP out of concern for its
security and overall design incohesiveness.

I compared Rails and Django. Python's readability won out. While Django's
community is larger, I sense something special going on here and I want to
be a part of it. Also, the web2py components and built in ajax support
clinched it for me.

I enjoyed the free CS101 course in Python at Udacity.com, but it didn't
cover OO, so I'm now reading Monty/Karel in
Python<http://www.amazon.com/Monty-Karel-Introduction-Object-Oriented-Programming/dp/0970579527>.

I hope to be up to speed soon. In the mean time, *if I can help with
anything at all, please let me know.*
*
*
All my best,