I wanted to switch from pattern-based routing on a Windows IIS7 Server with
isapi_wsgi to a parameter-based routing to benefit from nicer urls but it
is not working.
It either says invalid request or the server stucks in an endless loop.

My functioning pattern based routing. As you can see I need to remove the
prefix 'applications'.
default_application = 'imagecontest'
default_controller = 'default'
default_function = 'index'

routes_in=(('/applications/(?P<any>.*)','/\g<any>'),)
routes_out=(('/(?P<any>.*)','/applications/\g<any>'),)

What I tried...
Invalid request (even without the path_prefix):
routers = dict(
    BASE=dict(
        default_application = 'imagecontest',
        path_prefix = 'applications',