After auth.define_tables(), I think:

db.auth_user.password.requires = None  # or some other validator, such as
IS_STRONG()

should do it. By default, the password field has a CRYPT() validator, which
does the hashing -- this would remove/replace that validator.

However, this is not a good practice. I can see why you might initially
want to have the plain text of temporary passwords to distribute, but once
a user logs in and updates the password, why do you continue to need the
plain text of the updated password?

Anthony