> Now, how do I prepare such menu in my controller and then implement it in
> the view? What's the best way?

(somewhere in the model)

custom_menu = None

(at the top of the controller)

if not auth.user:
    custom_menu = MENU(...) # dirty fork menu
elif auth.has_membership(role="group 1"):
    custom_menu = MENU(...) # vavarian menu
elif auth.has_membership(role="group 2"):
    custom_menu = MENU(...) # mr. Creosote's menu

Then you write into the scaffolding layout.html at the sidebar div:

{{if custom_menu:}}custom_menu{{pass}}