I've a browser app that calls a Web2py server app; it builds up URLs to
pass data.

Some of that data might be from an end-user and if that data contains a
semi-colon it "breaks" web2py's parsing of the URL into args and vars
(specifically it breaks the vars parsing)

Q1. Any suggestions of the best approach to working around this?
I'm already escape user input. The only solution I can think of is to parse
out the semi-colons from the user content before calling the Web2py server.

Q2. Are there other characters in an URL that can break web2py?

Bcakground: Web2py is running on GAE.