Thanks Jason and Antonio for your help.

Jason, thanks for the additional tips and info. You are right is not web2py
related, it's just python related when it comes to having the GPIO working,
then again anything assembled with web2py is related to it... the GPIO file
contains that while loop you talked about and that's what is necessary to have
an event listener as mentioned earlier. Again if not replicating that project
we'll continue to have a "failure to communicate", so I agree, it's best we
leave it at that as I've also already dropped web2py althogether since it won't
do for me and many who like me are looking for an implementation that would
work with more simplicity. So I'l off to other option, but I thank you again
for your time and help Jason.

About NodeJS, I believe you might be incorrect. Is not as "new" as you think
and is already being heavily used for commercial and critical use already...
one company making use of it for instance, is Google, as I've been told
directly by a Google employee I know.

Anyway I am really glad Antonio passed along the info... first of all I love to
see more technologies reaching the pi world and empowering the pi platform, and
also because coincidentally I've started to get into nodejs since a short while
so that'll be a great learning project from me. Muchisimas gracias por el
enlace Antonio! :)

Cheers! ;D