I started a discussion about it
here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py-developers/E9ug6m6WHhE/XkPjiojqTOIJ.
I was think it might be possible to just specify a base prefix which would
get used both to name the session object and to prefix all the table names
(the default would be "auth", which would replicate the current behavior).
I didn't look too deeply to see if anything else would be required, but
feel free to give it a shot.

Anthony