Hi All,

I have a variable in my javascript - "parent_row_id" that i want to make
its value as the last argument of the url. Then my controller can take
this, and return a bunch of data for the subgrid of this jqgrid.

I found that the below turn my variable to simply a string using the
variable name..... then i got a ticket as there is no definition of
"parent_row_id" there in the controller.

url:'{{=URL(r=request,f='call',args=['json','get_one_purchase_order_item',
parent_row_id])}}'
==>
http://127.0.0.1:8000/purchase/default/call/json/get_one_purchase_order_item/parent_row_id?

I have been trying to get it to work like this... if parent_row_id = 1
http://127.0.0.1:8000/purchase/default/call/json/get_one_purchase_order_item/1?

I have not been successful, and would hope to seek your advices to tackle
it....  Hope you can shed some light...

This is part of my view.

        var row_data = $("#list").jqGrid('getRowData', row_id);
        console.log(row_id);
        console.log(row_data.id);
        var parent_row_id = row_data.id;

        jQuery("#"+subgrid_table_id).jqGrid({

url:'{{=URL(r=request,f='call',args=['json','get_one_purchase_order_item',
parent_row_id])}}',
            data: "{}",
            datatype: 'json',
            mtype: 'GET',
            contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
            complete: function(jsondata, stat) {
                if (stat == "success") {
                    var thegrid2 = jQuery("#"+subgrid_table_id)[0];

thegrid2.addJSONData(JSON.parse(jsondata.responseText).d);
                }
            },

This is part of my controller.
@service.json
def get_one_purchase_order_item():
    # db.order_item.category.represent = lambda v: v.name
    item_id = request.args[-1]
    for r in db(db.order_item.purchase_id ==
item_id).select(limitby=limitby,orderby=orderby):