Barry, Massimo,

SOAP is not part of my daily work anymore (very happy with that!) , but a
few years ago I have been using ZSI a lot for creating web services from
WSDL documents.  It worked great and SOAP seems not evolved much since, I
then suppose ZSI could be even better today.
That was before web2py even existed so I have no idea if it can be used
without too much troubles inside web2py.  I remember it generates some
code, scattered in a few files, well written, but it could be that
adjustments by hand need to be done to make it work on a web2py request
inside a controller...

mic