SO, I have this:

SIZES = [x*0.05 for x in range(0,int(25/0.05))]

db.define_table('product',
    Field('series', 'reference series'),
    Field('material', 'reference material'),
    Field('finish', 'reference finish'),
    Field('size1'),
    Field('size2'))
db.product.size1.requires=IS_EMPTY_OR(IS_IN_SET(SIZES))
db.product.size2.requires=IS_EMPTY_OR(IS_IN_SET(SIZES))

For some reason, if I choose the same value in both sizes 1 and 2, the
value wont get recorded in the DB. If I choose different sizes, it works.