Yes, I am able to do that. But, in the __init__.py file inside the modules
directory I was also able to define something like "import simplejson as
json" (eg) and then it would act as if I imported that in all my
models/controllers/modules.

For a more specific example, we have a method called "is_administrator"
that does a PAM check to see if the current user is an administrator on the
system. We use this method before 90% of our controller methods like so:

@auth.requires(is_administrator(auth))

so adding "from ourlib import is_administrator" to
<app>/modules/__init__.py meant that we didn't have to write "from ourlib
import is_administrator" at the top of every file in our controllers
directory. Was this just a mistake that it worked before?

Matt