> First of all i would like to avoid using DAL when saving images.
> image = db.entry.entry_label.store(file, filename)
> Does web2py have any mechanism for uploading? I would be great to have a
> class that handles uploads For my point of view framework needs to be set
> of tools for the developer, although storing images this way could be nice
> in some case, i think upload and download must not be connected to DAL. I
> want to store my image on the filesystem, i don't see what that has to do
> with DAL.

web2py renames all uploaded files in order to prevent directory traversal
attacks and to prevent access of known filenames. Once you do that, you
need a way to identify the renamed file on the file system, so the database
is used for that purpose. If you just want to directly store an uploaded
file on the file system without renaming the file or involving a database,
you can do that with a line or two of Python code.

Anthony