Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to web2py and I am definitely still learning. I am trying to
build a simple application that allows me store, edit, and delete projects
and users. I have made some progress but when I cannot get the method
crud.update to function as expected. I have pasted my code below when I
call the method project_edit or user_edit a page pops up displaying "None"
eventhough there are users and projects stored. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Code located in default.py in controllers:

def index():
    """
    example action using the internationalization operator T and flash
    rendered by views/default/index.html or views/generic.html

    if you need a simple wiki simple replace the two lines below with:
    return auth.wiki()
    """
    return locals()

def projects():
    projects = db(db.projects).select(orderby=db.projects.description)
    return locals()

def users():
    project = db.projects(request.args(0))
    users = db(db.users.project).select(orderby=db.projects.description)
    return locals()

def project_create():
    form = crud.create(db.projects, next = 'projects')
    return locals()

def project_edit():
    project = db.projects.request.args(0)
    form = crud.update(db.projects, project , next='projects')

def user_create():
    db.users.project.default = request.args(0)
    form = crud.create(db.users, next = 'users')
    return locals()

def user_edit():
    user = db.users(request.args(0))
    form = crud.update(db.users, user, next = 'users')

def user():
    """
    exposes:
    http://..../[app]/default/user/login
    http://..../[app]/default/user/logout
    http://..../[app]/default/user/register
    http://..../[app]/default/user/profile
    http://..../[app]/default/user/retrieve_password
    http://..../[app]/default/user/change_password
    http://..../[app]/default/user/manage_users (requires membership in
    use @auth.requires_login()
        @auth.requires_membership('group name')
        @auth.requires_permission('read','table name',record_id)
    to decorate functions that need access control
    """
    return dict(form=auth())

@cache.action()
def download():
    """
    allows downloading of uploaded files
    http://..../[app]/default/download/[filename]
    """
    return response.download(request, db)

def call():
    """
    exposes services. for example:
    http://..../[app]/default/call/jsonrpc
    decorate with @services.jsonrpc the functions to expose
    supports xml, json, xmlrpc, jsonrpc, amfrpc, rss, csv
    """
    return service()

@auth.requires_signature()
def data():
    """
    http://..../[app]/default/data/tables
    http://..../[app]/default/data/create/[table]
    http://..../[app]/default/data/read/[table]/[id]
    http://..../[app]/default/data/update/[table]/[id]
    http://..../[app]/default/data/delete/[table]/[id]
    http://..../[app]/default/data/select/[table]
    http://..../[app]/default/data/search/[table]
    but URLs must be signed, i.e. linked with
      A('table',_href=URL('data/tables',user_signature=True))
    or with the signed load operator

LOAD('default','data.load',args='tables',ajax=True,user_signature=True)
    """
    return dict(form=crud())