On Monday 22 July 2013 05:16:56 Alan Etkin wrote:

I am just playing around with mongodb and web2py

I noticed that when I just make a web2py dump of my mysql db and then upload it
to mongodb some of the "joins" now just rec id's are right and some are newly
generated.

Also would it be possible to keep id to be web2py specific and to use _id for
mongodb ?

I was wondering if it was a bug. In this case in the setup table the pointers
to the frame work fine, but the pointers in the setupprofile named lparprofile
do not exist anymore in the lparprofile table.

Sorry I am a bit slow, being busy.

But I did upload it from csv file. So  it should keep the reverences. But it
did not do so for all tables.

Also I concluded that because all the references are replaced by mongodb id's
it is not possible to say dump a table  with references in one database and
then restore it on mongodb. Because you have no relation between the records
anymore. You replaced the web2py id's in mongodb with mongodb id's.

I am curious about the reason, would het not be smarter to just keep the
original id's ? Afterall mongodb uses _id. So it does not bite.