No difference between single and double quotes, though you typically use
single quotes unless you are quoting something that contains single quotes,
in which case you may use double quotes (or triple single/double quotes --

Parentheses are used when calling functions or methods, and brackets are
used for specifying keys of dictionaries or slicing lists.

All of this is just standard Python, so any Python reference should cover
this.

Anthony