To whom it may concern:

I tried posting vars in json format, with content-type: application/json
header, to my web2py application.

When the above test is run on my laptop, i.e. requests are sent directly to
web2py's rocket web server, recent web2py (the 2.5.1-stable) can
successfully decode the payload into request.vars, as expected as mentioned
in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/9YdxVpuJlA8/ek0zJae5U9YJ

But when I deploy my application to my production server, the same web2py
2.5.1-stable can not recognize the payload and the request.vars are always
empty. How come?

My production server is running a web2py (was 2.4.6, and then manually
overwritten by those files in 2.5.1's web2py_src.zip), behind apache's
mod_wsgi, (which itself is behind a global nginx, but that architecture is
a webfaction convention which I think is not relevent).

Below is the request full content:

*POST /examples/simple_examples/status/foo/bar.json HTTP/1.1*content-type:
application/jsonHost: example.comContent-Length:14user-agent: fake
Connection:Keep-Alive

{"foo": "bar"}

And below is part of the web2py response, showing the request content. You can
see web2py got the correct content type header, but still fail to decode the
json payload in request.

env:

content_length:
14
content_type:
application/json
http_connection:
close
http_forwarded_request_uri:
/examples/simple_examples/status/foo/bar.json
http_host:
sandbox.xxxxxxxx.com
http_http_x_forwarded_proto:
http