I'm assuming this is just me but as search and mighty google are failing me
am hoping someone can point me toward a solution-

apps run as expected in Safari and Chrome in 10.6.8
apps run as expected in Safari in 10.8.4
apps will not act on a submit button press in Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 in
10.8.4.  Just sits there mocking me.

This is unique to all my web2py apps, including default admin login page,
and I have tried both the OS X binary of web2py and running from source.

what the hey?!?