> So the usual button to redirect to another page I use this
>
> <button type="button" class="btn btn-primary"
> onclick="location.href='{{=URL('gameTime')}}'">Done with my squares</button>
>

> What I am trying to do is click a button that does NOT redirect.  If I use
> a function in defauly.py that has no view in the URL field above, it loads
> the generic view as advertised.  Grrr.  Isn't there just a simple way to
> suppress calling the generic view?  Just leave the view and retreat into
> the controller for a little code parsing? ;)

First, generic views are disabled by default (though enabled on localhost
in the welcome app via a line in db.py). Second, views are only called if
your controller action returns a dictionary -- so just don't return a
dictionary.

<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary" onclick="jQuery.ajax('{{=URL('
gameTime')}}');">Done with my squares</button>

def gameTime():
    [do something]
    return 'OK'

Anthony