On Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:04:45 AM UTC-4, Quint wrote:

> thnx,
>
> but my goal is to prevent repeated queries for the same record when
> accessing ref fields on rows from the same result set.
>
> I'm missing something, how do those Virtual Fields achieve that?

Yes, that's exactly what the virtual field does -- when the the Rows object
is created from the initial select, the value of the virtual field is
calculated for each Row, and it remains in the Row (i.e., it is not
re-calculated on each access). There is also Field.Method(), which does
re-calculate on every access (the advantage is that it is lazy, so nothing
is calculated until accessed -- and because of that, it can take arguments
at the time it is called).

 And about the join, wouldn't that mean it won't work on GAE?

Oh, yeah, forgot you said you are on GAE.

Anthony