On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:22:19 PM UTC-7, Paolo Caruccio wrote:

> Unfortunately bs3 has dropped some components used by web2py, for example
> submenus, has changed many classes and so on. In other words it's a
> different framework that requires changes in web2py code which - currently-
>  infringe the backward compatibility. Moreover IE7 and FF3.6 aren't
> supported anymore. Of course it's possible create customized html layouts
> based on bs3 but I don't think that web2py can apply for default this new
> framework.

Backward compatibility does not apply to the scaffolding app (it has
changed many times in the past) -- when you upgrade, you don't have to
upgrade your app (the scaffolding is just a starting point). There is also
no hard requirement that the scaffolding layout/CSS must work on all
historical versions of IE and FF. Not saying we should switch immediately,
but these are not necessarily hard constraints.

Anthony