I also wanted to note that during my experiments, when restarting web2py (I
shut it down the night before), I got the error message:

   ERROR:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Socket 10.3.xxx.134:8000 in use by other
process and it won't share.

This was a bit confusing, as I couldn't see what process was using port
8000 (using netstat), but I finally figured out that the real problem was
that the machine's IP had changed to 10.3.xxx.73.  Correcting the -i
argument fixed things.

("machine" in this case happens to be a VM, but that wasn't important
compared to what the DNS server was doing.)

/dps