It look like trunk gives the same results.

   - I create two new apps up casserve and casclient
   - In casclient I create auth with this:
      - auth = Auth(db,cas_provider =
      'http://127.0.0.1:8000/casserve/default/user/cas')
   - I launch casclient/default/index and the login menu only shows login.
    No registration.
   - If I go to login it takes me to casserve.  There I can go to
   registration in the menu but it does not take me back to casclient once I
   log in. It takes me to casserve/default/index

What I would wish/expect would happen is one of:

   - Cas client would show both login and  register choices that would
   redirect to casserve for login or registration and would return to
   casclient when done

or

   - Cas client would show a single "login or register" choice which would
   take me to casserve.  Once logged in or registered I would return to
   casclient