I can, and have.  It just seems brittle; presumably there is code is Auth
that relies on this structure, and should it change, my clone might no
longer be consistent with it.

Hence, my desire for a way to modify the existing Fields instead of making
my own Fields which happen to match their current implementation.  But
given your answer, it sounds like that isn't possible.  Oh, well.

- Scott