This is really strange -- apparently, the execution never seems to reach
gluon/widget.py at all.

I edited widget.py and now the first line is a 'print "1"' statement, which
never gets executed. Still no error messages.

This seems to imply that the 'import gluon.widget' statement does not get
executed at all.