Hi all,
I am really new to web2py and I find this python framework really exciting.

I am currently reading the whole online book chapter database validators,
and while I was reading at the example given, I was wondering if there is a
difference between this :

db.define_table('person', Field('name', unique=True))
db.define_table('dog', Field('name'), Field('owner', db.person))
db.dog.owner.requires = IS_IN_DB(db, 'person.id', '%(name)s')

and this :

db.define_table('person', Field('name', unique=True), format='%(name)s')
db.define_table('dog', Field('name'), Field('owner', type='reference
person', required=True))

Thanks a lot,

Mirko