after strugeling to get find a way on how to access the console I used this
method:
since I'm working on ubuntu web2py is located at /usr/share/web2py, however
if you start web2py with the desktop shortcut and you create an app it is
located in the ~/web2py/applications folder. so copied it over and tried to
run it, this didn't go smooth so I re-read the book again and found out you
can acces the shell through the webinterface by doing
127.0.0.1:8000/admin/shell/index/app.

so after inputting d = Kojn(key).charge(amount_in_fiat=100,currency='btc')
I get the same error:

In [2] : d = Kojn(key).charge(amount_in_fiat=100,currency='btc')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gluon/contrib/shell.py", line 233, in
run
    exec compiled in statement_module.__dict__
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "applications/kojncomm/models/kojn.py", line 46, in charge
    return simplejson.loads(u.read())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/__init__.py", line 413,
in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 402,
in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 420,
in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("No JSON object could be decoded", s, idx)
JSONDecodeError: No JSON object could be decoded: line 1 column 0 (char 0)

Which if I'm correct means my error is due to koj.py trying to load json
and the response is not json encoded.
How do I change the line so it just shows me the receeived response?