first things first, if you use queue_task in a model, every request a task
will get queued.

Second thing: enable the debug log to see what a task prints out with -D 0
Third: the scheduler is supposed to be a quasi-daemonic process: you
usually want to read the results from the scheduler_run table, where you
are supposed to look for results ^_^
Fourth: check the scheduler_task table (and the status column) to see what
the scheduler is doing/processing.