> Just a  doubt,
>
> " ok. the scheduler from the console runs right. Now you have to test if
> queuing a task from web2py gets the task processed. "
>
> Since I am having a load balancer, and the web2py folder is in another
> server, when running directly, I believe I will have to queue the task from
> the model file itself. Am I correct (as I wont be getting the controller of
> the app browser)
>
> you can't execute any web2py activity in any server that doesn't have
web2py code. The load balancer is NOT the place to open a console or to
configure an upstart job. It just load-balance all requests and splits them
on one server or the other. That is what load balancers are for. when you
reach the loadbalancer address the loadbalancer redirects the requests to
the backends, so it is on those servers that the activity takes place.

>  " Then you can do the same thing with the scheduler started by upstart,
> and verify that it's working "
>
> Which will be the better one, using the command
>   exec python -- /srv/trustvouch-fe/web2py.py --nogui -a  -p 8000 -i
> 0.0.0.0 -K app -X
>
> or having two upstart jobs (and I am not sure if these are the commands to
> start, can you confirm it also)
>  one to run the app
>   exec python -- /srv/trustvouch-fe/web2py.py --nogui -a  -p 8000 -i
> 0.0.0.0
>
>  and one to start the scheduler
>  exec python -- /srv/trustvouch-fe/web2py.py  -K app

definitely the second one, for "separation of duties".