Hey guys,

in my current project I need to perform some checks before showing a form
to the user. I'm not sure if I've done this in the best possible way. It
looks a bit complicated to me.

    project = db.project(request.args(0))
    step = db.project_step(request.args(1))

    # Is the project existing?
    if project:
        # Is the current logged in user the owner of the project?
        if auth.user_id == project.created_by:
            # Is the step, we want to work with, existing?
            if step:
                tender_form = SQLFORM(db.tender)
            else:
                session.flash = T('Something went wrong.')
                redirect(URL('project', 'show', args=request.args(0)))
        else:
            session.flash = T('Something went wrong.')
            redirect(URL('project', 'show', args=request.args(0)))
    else:
        session.flash = T('Something went wrong.')
        redirect(URL('default', 'index'))

I got three IFs what doesn't look elegant for me. Is it possible to combine
the IF project and IF step statements?

Thanks for your help
Andreas